Terms & Conditions - Please Read Carefully
1. The purchase/payment of any travel services offered by Circuit Travel Pty Ltd (ABN 12 001 268 257), authorised to trade as The Globus Family of Brands (which includes the authorisation to trade as Globus, Cosmos, Monograms and Avalon Waterways) (“The Company”) constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (also referred to in these conditions as “traveller”) and The Company, and represents your acceptance of The Company’s Terms & Conditions as set out herein. Please ensure that you carefully read and understand these Terms & Conditions prior to booking. You must be at least 18 years of age to make a booking. As the lead traveller, you represent and warrant that you are authorised to accept The Company’s Terms & Conditions on behalf of everyone named in your booking, and you will be deemed to have accepted The Company’s Terms & Conditions on behalf of everyone named in your booking.
2. Terms & Conditions are accurate at time of printing and are subject to change prior to booking. You are advised to check on the websites or request the latest version of the Terms & Conditions from your Travel Agent or The Company prior to booking your holiday.
To Make Your Reservation
3. To make your reservation, see your Travel Agent, or for more information, visit our website at www.cosmostours.com.au or call Cosmos at 1300 230 234.
4. Payment on any holiday indicates you have read and accepted these Terms & Conditions. Your booking is not confirmed until your payment is processed by Cosmos and you receive a confirmation invoice.
5. Except as provided in clause 11, a non-refundable, nontransferable deposit of $250 per person per land tour is required for The Company to reserve space for you, with some limited exceptions as noted below.The deposit must be received within 7 days of booking. On certain departures, deposits and/or passport details may be required at time of booking to hold or to confirm space for you. Your reservation will be automatically cancelled if the deposit is not received by The Company by the deposit due date. Your booking is not confirmed and payment is not deemed made until the deposit is received by The Company and The Company sends a confirmation invoice to you. Any bookings made within 21 days of your departure from Australia will incur a late booking fee of $30 per transaction.
Holiday Final Payment
6. Payment of the balance in full must be received by The Company not less than 45 days prior to commencement of services, or earlier if specified for the particular holiday. For bookings made within these periods, payment in full is required at the time of booking. If final payment is not received by The Company by the due date, your reservation (land, cruise and air) will be cancelled and your full deposit, including SafetyNet Protection payments, will be retained by The Company. Additional Terms and Conditions apply to group reservations. For group reservations, please call 1300 330 334 or see the Travel Agent section on the website.
Exceptions to Holiday Final Payment
7. The following exceptions apply to the land deposit and/or land final payment
• For holidays that are on the following tour codes: AJI, AJX, AJV, CKI, CKX, CKV, CBI, CBX, CBV, CGI, CGX, CGV, CJI, CJX, CJV, CMI, CMX, CMV, NSI, NSX, NSV, CA, CAX, CAV, CCI, CCX and CCV, final payment is due 75 days prior to the commencement of services.
• For holidays that are on the following tour codes: EN, ENO, ENOX, ENOV, ENX, ENV, SOE, SOY, SPE, SPY, SAE, SAY, SAY3, final payment is due 90 days prior to the commencement of services.
• For holidays that are on the following tour codes: CR, CRG, CRGI, CRGX, CRGV, CRI, CRX, CRV, CDE, CDGE, CVE, CVGE, CZ, CZI, CZX, CZV, CL, CI, CIE and CHE final payment is due 65 days prior to the commencement of services.
• For all other holidays to South & Central America, final payment is due 60 days prior to the commencement of services.
• Other exceptions may apply to holidays referenced in the Cosmos brochures but do not have a full Dates & Prices box. Full details are available through your Travel Agent or on our website.
8. The following holiday final payment dates apply to these holidays. Please see your invoice for more information on deposit and/or final payment dates.
• For holidays that include a Norwegian Cruise Line cruise, final payment is due 110 days prior to the commencement of services.
• For holidays that include a Holland America cruise, final payment is due 75 days prior to the commencement of services.
• For holiday that include the Rocky Mountaineer® or VIA Rail train, final payment is due 65 days prior to the commencement of services.
9. You are responsible for verifying that everything on your invoice is accurate and complete, including dates of travel, options selected, and that each name matches the relevant passport or government issued ID used for travel. The Company cannot accept responsibility if we are not notified of inaccuracies within 5 days of sending out the invoice. Changes are subject to the fees and penalties noted below. In the case of billing errors, The Company reserves the right to re-invoice you with correct pricing.
Form of Payment
10. The Company accepts payment via Bpay, electronic fund transfer (EFT), Paypal, cheque, Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Merchant fees apply to purchases made by credit card.
Subject to Change Itineraries
11. Holiday departures in 2020 are subject to itinerary modifications. Full details will be available in the printed brochures released throughout 2019. Passengers have the right to cancel their reservation without penalty within 7 days of notification in the event of itinerary modifications for departures in 2020 prior to the release of the 2020 brochure.
Booking Cancellations & Cancellation Fees
12. Subject to clause 12 below, you have a cooling-off period of seven (7) days during which you may cancel your holiday. Your cancellation must be made in writing and received by The Company within the cooling-off period. The cooling-off period will commence on the first day following the day on which you book your holiday. If you cancel your holiday during the cooling-off period your deposit will be refunded and no cancellation fee will apply. If you do not cancel your holiday during the cooling-off period, then all other of these Terms and Conditions apply.
13. No cooling-off period will apply to holidays booked less than 45 days before a scheduled land tour departure, or earlier if specified for the particular holiday. For bookings made within these periods, payment in full is required at the time of booking.
14. If cancellation is received in writing by The Company before the final payment due date of your holiday, the non-refundable deposit and SafetyNet Protection payments will be retained in addition to any airline imposed fees or cancellation charges. If cancellation is received in writing by The Company after the final payment due date of your holiday, the below specified per person cancellation fees apply for individual reservations. The total price specified below does not include discounts, promotions, or special incentives. (For group reservations, refer to the Group Policy. SafetyNet Protection does not apply to Group Bookings). No cancellation fee will apply to holidays cancelled within the cooling off period (see clause 12).
Standard Cancellation Fees
15. The following cancellations are applicable to all holidays unless otherwise noted.
• 45-22 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price* (including SafetyNet Protection)
• 21-8 days prior to commencement of services: 30% of total price* (including SafetyNet Protection)
• 7-1 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price* (including SafetyNet Protection)
• On departure day and later: 100% of total price (including SafetyNet Protection)
16. Note: Pre-paid gratuities are not subject to cancellation fees.
Exceptions to the Standard Cancellation Fees
17. For holidays that include Norwegian Cruise Line cruise:
• 110-75 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price* (including SafetyNet Protection)
• 74-30 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price* (including SafetyNet Protection)
• 29-8 days prior to commencement of services: 75% of total price* (including SafetyNet Protection)
• 7 days prior and later: 100% of total price* (including SafetyNet Protection)
18. For holidays that include a Holland America cruise:
• 75-57 days prior to commencement of services: 20% of total price* (including SafetyNet Protection)
• 56-29 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price* (including SafetyNet Protection)
• 28-16 days prior to commencement of services: 75% of total price* (including SafetyNet Protection)
• 15-0 days prior to commencement of services: 100% of total price* (including SafetyNet Protection)
19. For holidays that include the Rocky Mountaineer® or VIA Rail train:
• 65-47 days prior to commencement of services: 50% of total price* (including SafetyNet Protection)
• 46-0 days prior to commencement of services: 100% of total price* (including SafetyNet Protection)
20. For holidays that are on the following tour codes: AJI, AJX, AJV, CKI, CKX, CKV, CBI, CBX, CBV, CGI, CGX, CGV, CJI, CJX, CJV, CMI, CMX, CMV, NSI, NSX, NSV, CA, CAX, CAV, CCI, CCX and CCV, 8425, 8427, 8428, 8363, 8364, 8365, 8904, 8906, 8909, 8915, 8916, 8917, 8715, 8716, 8717, 8332, 8338, 8339, 8471, 8452, 8453, 8555, 8557 and 8558.
21. For holidays that are on the following tour codes: CR, CRG, CRGI, CRGX, CRGV, CRI, CRX, CRV, CDE, CDGE, CVE, CVGE, CZ, CZI, CZX, CZV, CL, CI, CIE or CHE, 8922 – 8929, 8930, 8933, 8934, 8945, 8943, 8946, 8944, 8947, 8935, 8940, 8948, 8445, 8380, 8385, 8334, 8825, 8960, 8965, 8966 and 8967
22. For holidays that are on the following tour codes: EN, ENO, ENOX, ENOV, ENX, ENV, SOE, SOY, SPE, SPY, SAE, SAY, SAY3, 1205, 1208, 1210, 1305, 1308.
23. For all other holidays to South & Central America:
24. Other cancellation fees may apply to holidays listed in this brochure. Please check with your Travel Agent or the Company prior to booking for the latest Terms & Conditions.
25. Cancellation fees relating to insurance policies will be subject to the terms and conditions of the insurance provider’s policy and will incur the standard Revision Fee (see “Revision Fees& below).
26. Cancellation fees may also apply to any additional services, including extra night accommodations, independently supplied services, and optional excursions reserved prior to, during, and after the tour. If flight changes, including but not limited to flight cancellations or name changes, are requested after full cruise and air deposits are received, revision fees, change fees, or airline cancellation fees will apply (see “Revision Fees” below). In many instances, airline revision or change fees can be up to $300, but in some instances may be up to 100% of the ticket price. Cancellation penalties will be quoted at time of cancellation.
27. The above cancellation charges will be applied in all cases. The Company strongly recommends you take out comprehensive travel insurance, including coverage for medical expenses, loss of luggage, and land content and airfare charges that may arise, including due to cancellation.
Young Traveller Restrictions & Discounts
28. Travellers who are under 18 years old on the departure date must be accompanied by an adult throughout the holiday and are requested to share an adult’s accommodation. On holidays that include an Alaskan or Hawaiian cruise, or on any holiday with an overnight stay in Las Vegas, at least one member of the traveling party must be 21 years of age or older. The following age restrictions apply to land tours and cruises:
a) Cosmos escorted holidays: children aged 8 years and over are eligible to travel. Travellers aged 8-17 receive a 10% discount on the base land holiday price, not including internal air travel.
29. Young traveller discounts are based on the age of the traveller at the scheduled departure date.
30. By selecting a share accommodation, you are authorising The Company to match you with another traveller as your roommate for the duration of your holiday. The roommate pairing will be of the same sex, and roommates will be assigned at time of travel. If no roommate pairing is available, you will receive the single accommodation at The Company's expense. Share accommodations are not available on all holidays.
31. The Company is not liable for roommate pairing compatibility; by accepting and purchasing a share accommodation, you waive The Company from all inherent risks in being assigned a roommate.
32. The Company is not responsible for any disputes between roommates (such as sleep patterns, snoring, noise, etc.). Any dispute between roommates is your responsibility to resolve. During the holiday, alternate single arrangements, if available, may be secured but are never guaranteed. You are responsible for all expenses for any change in accommodation on tour and payment in full will be required immediately upon securing new accommodations.
33. All shares are non-smoking.
Air Travel Arrangements
34. If airfares have been purchased through The Company, please note that all carriers are independent operators and are not owned, managed, or operated by The Company. Your airline ticket is a contract between you and the air carrier only, even if you purchase through The Company. By purchasing your air services through The Company, you waive all liability for The Company for such air services.
35. The Company is not responsible if an airline cancels, reschedules, or delays a flight for any reason. If you purchased air through The Company, we will try to assist in making new arrangements, provided you have not already checked in with your airline for your first flight segment. After check-in, you must work with the airline directly to reach your destination or to make any alternate arrangements, including amendments to return services. Airline fees often apply for modifications to air schedules not related to airline imposed flight cancellations, reschedules, or delays. These fees will be payable to the airline directly at time of request.
36. If you miss your departure flight or connection, it is your responsibility to work with the airline on which you are ticketed to reach your destination. No refunds will be provided by The Company for portions of trips missed due to canceled, rescheduled, or delayed flights after airport check-in, nor is The Company responsible for any additional expenses you may incur prior to joining your trip if you miss your departure flight or flight connection.
37. For air purchased through The Company, if any air schedule requires an overnight stay in a gateway city, The Company can assist you with hotel reservations; however, the cost of the overnight stay (including but not limited to hotel and meals) is your expense. Air routings are subject to availability. Routings are not guaranteed and are subject to change at any time.
38. If you make your own flight arrangements, The Company will not be responsible for any loss resulting from cancellation or changes in international gateways, itineraries, or travel dates. We recommend that you do not purchase airline tickets with high penalty charges for changes.
Air-Inclusive Holidays & Final Payment
39. Additional deposits or payments are required for international air added to the start and/or end of your holiday and/or for intra-holiday air, as specified in the itinerary (“air-inclusive holidays”). Air-inclusive holiday pricing is guaranteed upon receipt of cruise deposit plus full airfare payment, subject to airline conditions.
Authority to Remove or Refuse Passengers
40. In the sole discretion of The Company, The Company may refuse transport to any passenger or may require any passenger to leave the tour if it is reasonably believed that the passenger (1) is dangerous to others or to himself or herself; (2) has engaged in, is engaged in, or is threatening to engage in, behavior that may adversely affect the safety, security, comfort, enjoyment, or well-being of other passengers or The Company representatives, including, but not limited to, behaviour that is disruptive, verbally abusive, physically abusive, obnoxious, harassing, discriminatory, or obscene; or (3) has failed or refused, or is failing or refusing, to follow The Company’s rules and procedures or the instructions of The Company or its representatives. In the event a passenger is removed, such passenger may be left at any city without any liability to The Company or its representatives. The Company shall not be required to refund any portion of the price paid by any passenger who is removed under the terms of this paragraph, nor shall The Company be responsible for expenses for lodging, medical care, meals, transportation, or any other expenses incurred by the passenger. The Company shall be entitled to recover from the passenger any costs or expenses incurred by the Company or its representatives in the removal of the passenger or the exercise or enforcement of this clause.
Baggage Allowance & Liability
41. Porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person is included in the holiday price (where available). Airport/train station porterage is not included, unless otherwise specified in your travel documents. Be prepared to carry your own suitcase on and off airplanes and trains and through airports and train stations. Regulations within most airports require travellers to handle their own luggage through Immigration & Customs.
42. Your single bag should have dimensions not exceeding 76x53x28cm (30"x21"x11") and weight not exceeding 22 kg (50 lbs). We regret that we are unable to accept a second suitcase or any luggage exceeding these limits on any Cosmos holiday. Some holidays have more restrictive regulations than those listed above. Refer to your Travel Documents for more information.
43. Air carrier restrictions may vary from the limitations listed above. Size and weight limitations for carry-on and checked baggage vary from airline to airline and even according to destination. While making an air-inclusive booking, you will be provided with baggage fee information. After booking an air-inclusive booking, up-to-date information on carrier specific standard checked baggage allowance (including size and weight limitations), the standard allowance (and fee, if applicable) for carry-on baggage, and the standard fee for the first and second checked bag, along with the information about additional discounts that may apply depending on flyer-specific factors (e.g., frequent flyer status, military, credit card used for purchase, or early purchase over the Internet, etc.), can be found on the carrier’s website or by accessing iflybags.com. The Company is not responsible for additional fees imposed by air carriers for baggage, and these fees are not included in the air-inclusive holiday price. You will be required to pay these fees directly to the airline at check-in.
44. No responsibility is accepted by The Company for loss of or damage to baggage or any of the traveller’s belongings throughout the duration of the holiday. Travellers are strongly encouraged to not bring valuables such as jewellery and large amounts of cash. Any such valuables should not be left in baggage out of the control of the traveller. Baggage insurance is highly recommended.
45. Carry-on bags should not exceed the dimensions of 30x28x14cm (12”x11”x 6”). For safety reasons, wheeled carry-on bags are not suitable as hand luggage on motorcoaches and mini-buses. Carry-on bags must be small enough to store in overhead bins or under the seat in front of you on motorcoaches and other transportation.
46. Carry-on bags should not exceed the dimensions of 30x28x14cm (12”x11”x 6”). For safety reasons, wheeled carry-on bags are not suitable as hand luggage on motorcoaches and mini-buses. Carry-on bags must be small enough to store in overhead bins or under the seat in front of you on motorcoaches and other transportation.
47. Some government agencies in foreign countries require The Company to collect and pass on in advance of travel certain personal and other details related to you, including but not limited to government-issued identification and passport details. If you fail to supply the details, as requested, fully and accurately, your trip may be interrupted or cancelled. There are no refunds for failure to provide documentation or failure to provide documentation by the time required.
48. We will use your personal data secured during your booking or during online check-in to process your booking with our suppliers. These details include your full name, address, date of birth, passport number and expiration date, occupation, credit/ debit card information and any disability, medical conditions or dietary restrictions disclosed to The Company for you and all your travelling party.
49. It may be necessary to transfer these details to other countries or authorities in which the data protection and privacy laws are less stringent than ours. This may include requirements to pass details to our suppliers as well as certain governments or government appointed bodies, or agencies in the interest of security or because we are obliged to by law. By making a booking with The Company, you agree to The Company storing, using and passing on this data to other third parties for reasons as stated above and hold The Company not liable for the usage and protection of that data.
Emergency Contact Details
50. All passengers must provide emergency contact details, travel insurance information and passport or government issued ID information (when required) PRIOR TO TRAVEL. This includes a “Local” contact so that The Company can get in touch with friends or family in the rare case of an emergency as well as an “On Tour” contact, i.e. mobile phone number or email address, for use by the Tour or Cruise Director. Emergency contact details should be provided by creating a customer MyAccount at www.globusfamily.com.au and following the instructions given.
51. All Tour Directors, Local Hosts®, Local Guides, and ships’ crews speak English, and all holiday commentary and instruction are conducted in English only. For maximum enjoyment and understanding, you should be able to read, understand, and speak English.
52. The Company assumes no liability for any loss, damage, or entry of any nature in whole or in part resulting from an Act of God or any other force majeure condition, including, without limitation: fire, volcanic eruption, environmental pollution or contamination, inclement weather, earthquake, low or high water levels, flood, water or power shortages or failures, tropical storms or hurricanes, riots or civil commissions or disturbances, and any other acts of a similar nature, sabotage, arrests, strikes or labour disruptions, restraint of rulers or peoples, expropriations, acts of terrorism, war, insurrection, quarantine restrictions, government health advisories, or warnings or alerts of any kind of nature, government seizures, refusal or cancellation or suspension or delay of any government authority or any license, permit or authorisation, damages to its facilities or the travel supplier and its facilities, or any other unforeseen circumstances or any other factors unforeseen by The Company that impacts negatively on, or hampers, its ability to fulfill any of its contractual conditions. In the event that any of these conditions apply, The Company shall be excused, discharged, and released from performance to the extent such performance is so limited or prevented, without liability of any kind.
Frequent Flyer & Hotel Reward Programs
53. Frequent Flyer mileage accrual is at the discretion of the airline(s), and is not always granted for airfare purchased through Cosmos. You will need to contact the airline(s) directly for information on Frequent Flyer programs and any applicable reward mile accrual. Cosmos cannot assist with this process. Cancellation penalties, as noted above, will apply to all airfare, regardless of accrual grants. Take this into consideration before purchasing airfare.
54. Hotel rewards/points cannot be earned or redeemed with hotels used by The Company.
55. If you have prepaid your gratuities to your Tour/Cruise Director and Driver or if they are already included in the price of the holiday, this will be detailed within your Tour/Cruise Member Certificate and vouchers will be included within your Tour Documentation. Please note that included gratuities for Cosmos cover wait staff at included meals, hospitality staff at hotels for nights purchased through Cosmos, porterage at hotels for one suitcase per person, the cruise director, crew, local guides and local drivers and the cruise portion only; prepaid gratuities cover only the land portion operated by The Company of the tour itinerary. Where The Company sources other leading operators for cruising or rail elements of your holiday, the option to prepay local gratuities is not available.
Holidays & Special Events
56. During local or national holidays or special events, peak seasons, on Sundays, and during religious occasions, certain facilities such as museums, churches, restaurants, sightseeing tours, hotels, and shopping may be limited or not available. Alternatives will be offered whenever possible. The Company cannot be held responsible for any closures, necessary itinerary changes, or curtails for any reason.
Hotels, Accommodations & Transportation
57. The hotels listed on the website or in the brochure are intended to be used on all departures; however, hotels are not guaranteed. The Company reserves the right to substitute other hotels than those listed on the itinerary pages. If a change becomes necessary for any reason, including alternate hotels for additional departures on the same date, or hotel location changes within or outside itinerary cities, the hotel substituted will be of equivalent quality to those shown. No refunds are provided for hotel changes; full cancellation penalties, as noted above, apply.
58. The Company contracts twin-bedded rooms. Double-bedded rooms may be requested but are never guaranteed. Triple rooms are the same size as twin-bedded rooms and are at
the discretion of the hotel. Triple rooms will have beds to accommodate three people, but three separate beds cannot be guaranteed. The additional bed, if available, is often a
roll-away bed put in for the night. If there are only two beds, a roll-away may be requested but cannot be guaranteed. If available, additional charges may apply for a roll-away and
are payable by you directly to the hotel. Some hotels do not offer triple rooms. When a triple room is not available, hotels may provide one twin-bedded room and one single room.
59. Payment for a single supplement ensures your own room, not necessarily a twin bedded room. Single rooms in hotels are generally smaller in size and may be less conveniently
located. On overnight ferries, single cabins may not be available or are limited and singles may be asked to share. On cruises, staterooms are subject to change and are finalised upon embarkation. Please note that check-in times vary worldwide and The Company cannot control or guarantee check-in times.
60. Accommodations outside your home country may not accommodate wheelchairs or be wheelchair accessible. See the PASSENGERS WHO NEED SPECIAL ASSISTANCE ON TOUR AND/OR CRUISES clause below.
61. Room and bed preferences are not guaranteed.
62. Check-in times vary worldwide; The Company cannot control or guarantee check-in times.
63. Air-conditioning in hotels is not guaranteed and is dependent upon local and national laws and regulations. Though hotels may have air-conditioning as a listed amenity, the usage of air-conditioning is often not available at night or in the offseasons. Other restrictions may apply. The Company has no control over air-conditioning restrictions and regulations.
64. In the rare event included train or air services are unavailable, alternate services will be provided. Itinerary timings are approximate and are subject to change.
65. Some countries may require aircraft cabin insecticide treatment for inbound foreign flights. For more information about aircraft disinfection requirements and a list of countries requiring disinfection of inbound flights, visit https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer/spray.
Medical & Health
66. The Company does not employ medical personnel. Any medical attention you require while travelling with The Company must be sought through a local medical facility, if/when available, for diagnosis. All related charges are at your expense. The Company cannot guarantee the availability of medical facilities or for the quality of the care or services.
67. The Company reserves the right to remove or quarantine any passenger who shows signs of illness, or who poses a threat to the safety and health of other passengers. Removal or quarantine of passengers for any health, safety, or behaviour related assessment is at the sole discretion of The Company. Any costs incurred for medical assessments, diagnosis and/or any other medically-related charges are your responsibility to pay and are due at time of services. Passengers will be allowed to rejoin The Company's tour with confirmed medical
certification from a licensed health practitioner indicating fit to travel without causing harm or posing a safety threat to other passengers.
68. Cosmos follows a mandatory, daily seat rotation on motorcoaches. For the enjoyment of all passengers, you must adhere to the rules of the Tour Director regarding seat rotation. Alcohol consumption is not allowed on board Cosmos transportation.
69. Many local laws require the use of seatbelts while travelling. When seatbelts are provided, you are responsible for wearing your seatbelt. The Company is not liable, nor are our service providers, for any injury, loss, damages, claims, or death resulting from any accident or incident if you were not wearing your seatbelt at the time of the accident or incident when the motorcoach is equipped with them.
Not Included In the Land / Cruise Holiday Price
70. The following charges are not included in the land/cruise holiday price, unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your holiday; intra-holiday air, unless specified in the itinerary; fees and taxes; port taxes; airport transfers; passports; visas; vaccinations; tips to your Tour Director, Local drivers, Local Guides, and/or other ship personnel (unless otherwise noted in the specific itinerary pricing details); gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus, Monograms, Cosmos or Avalon menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; insurance; and all other items of a personal nature.
71. Optional shore excursions (“the Services”) available for booking are provided by local operators or other third parties that are entirely independent of The Company and do not form any part of the product or services sold to you by The Company or of these Terms & Conditions, even where The Company suggests particular operators/other third parties and/or assists you in booking such optional shore excursions. Your contract for such Services will be with the organiser or operator of that Service, and will be subject to its Terms &
Conditions, which may contain exclusions or limitations of liability. The Company has no liability for any such optional shore excursion or for any act(s) or omission(s) of the organiser or operator or for any of its employees or agents or any other person(s) connected with the optional shore excursion.
72. Any advice or assistance on or with any Service provided by any local representative does not mean or imply that the Service is sold, supervised, or controlled by The Company, or that any such advice or assistance is given on behalf of The Company. Holiday participants are asked to check with the operator of any optional excursion and the applicable Terms & Conditions before booking.
73. For operational reasons, not all optional excursions listed in the tour/cruise itinerary, in print, online, or in travel documents may be available during your holiday. Your Tour Director will advise of availability while on the tour.
74. Optional shore excursions may be purchased 90 days in advance of travel via MyAccount. Booking conditions apply (refer to the Pre-paid Optionals Terms & Conditions on MyAccount).
Photographs & Pictures
75. Photographs or pictures appearing on this website should be used solely as an indication of facilities and attractions. Actual facilities and attractions may vary according to itinerary. Maps shown on the itinerary pages are current at the time of printing and may not reflect the actual routing should the itinerary change.
76. All holiday prices are based on rates (including foreign exchange rates) known at the time of publication, are expected to be in effect at the time of departure and do not include airfare except where noted on specific itineraries. Holiday prices are per person, based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Single room supplements and triple reductions are listed where applicable. Not all accommodation types are available on all holidays.
77. Prices are subject to change without notice, subject to the guarantees set forth below.
78. Once The Company has received your full land deposit for any cruise holiday, that land price is guaranteed and you are protected against any base land price increase due to currency surcharge. Any subsequent land or cruise cost increases are at The Company's expense, not including energy cost increases and/or any government tax increases.
79. Pricing for air-inclusive holidays, including those with intra-holiday air, are guaranteed when Avalon has received your full cruise plus air payment, as noted above; thus, any subsequent revisions made at your request are subject to airline-imposed change fees, cancellation fees, and/or changes in airfare price, which are your responsibility to pay.
80. See above for holidays with itineraries noted “subject to change”.
81. Any request for refunds is subject to these Terms & Conditions; no refund will be made for unused services of less than 48 consecutive hours, for unused transportation where group activity tickets are involved, or for voluntary modifications made by the passenger. Customers not using the included transfer will not be given a cash equivalent or holiday price reduction.
Revisions & Revision Fees
82. In addition to any airline-imposed change fees, a fee of $30 per person will be charged by The Company for any alteration or revision made to a reservation after deposit is received. Any revision to a booking, including but not limited to flight cancellations or name changes, may result in the loss of confirmed airline reservations or increased airfare, which will
be payable by you. Additional airline and hotel charges may also apply and may be up to 100% of the full price.
83. Intra-holiday air and hotel penalties may also apply to alterations or revisions to a booking, and may be up to 100% of the full price.
84. A change of traveller name, holiday date, or itinerary within final payment will be treated as a full cancellation and new reservation; holiday and airfare cancellation fees, as above, apply.
85. Be aware that during your participation on holidays operated by The Company, certain risks and dangers may arise beyond our control, including, but not limited to: the hazards of travelling in undeveloped areas; travel by boat, train, automobile, aircraft, or other means of transportation; forces of nature; political unrest; acts of lawlessness or terrorism; and accident or illness in remote regions without means of rapid evacuation or medical facilities. The Company will not have liability regarding provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care that may be rendered. While The Company will use its best efforts to ensure that adequate measures are taken, by agreeing to participate in a holiday and/or optional excursions you agree that you will hold The Company harmless regarding any provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care rendered. The Company is not
responsible for such risks and dangers that may arise beyond our control. Payment of your deposit indicates you accept these risks and dangers and agree to hold The Company
harmless for such.
86. No weapons of any type are permitted on any services offered by The Company. This includes, but is not limited to, firearms, knives, mace, brass knuckles, and other weapons of any type.
Services Inquiries After The Holiday
87. After returning from your holiday, if you wish to inquire about any services provided, please ensure that all correspondence relating to those services is received by Cosmos, Client Relations, Circuit Travel Pty Ltd. Any complaint or claim involving the holiday services offered in the Cosmos brochure or on the Cosmos website involving the negligence of any suppliers, sub-contractors, or agents in relation to any service provided to the holiday participant must be notified to Tour/Cruise Director immediately while on holiday or within
30 days of the holiday completion, except where such time limitations are prohibited by law.
Smoking & Illegal Drugs
88. Smoking is not allowed on transportation that is exclusively provided by The Company. On cruise ships, smoking is restricted to certain areas of the vessel. Smoking includes cigarettes, e-cigarettes, cigars, e-cigars, or any other smoking device.
89. Many hotels, restaurants, and other venues are smoke-free or have non-smoking regulations in public spaces. Smoking may be restricted to certain areas or not allowed. You are responsible to abide by all third-party smoking policies.
90. Hotels may impose a 100% non-smoking policy. If you require a smoking room, a request may be submitted, but we cannot guarantee availability.
91. Any carriage or possession of illegal drugs will result in immediate termination of the Cosmos holiday. You are responsible for knowing and observing the licensing laws for drug possession for all countries and states you are visiting. Repatriation is at your expense.
92. The Company reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any holiday departure for any reason, including insufficient demand or force majeure (see clause 47). If a holiday is cancelled prior to departure, The Company's only responsibility will be to refund the amount received for the reservation. The Company will try to rebook the same holiday with a different departure date, or a similar holiday, but there is no guarantee of availability of offering. For air-inclusive holidays, The Company will try to confirm air schedules for the selected new dates, subject to availability. The Company cannot assume responsibility for any additional costs or any fees relating to the issuance and/or cancellation of air
tickets or other travel arrangements not made through The Company.
93. Unless otherwise specified, transfers arranged by The Company are provided by independent transportation suppliers and are group transfers operated by motorcoach and may have pre-set departures times. The Company is not responsible for flight delays, delays in immigration or customs, delays due to lost baggage, or delays for any reason beyond our control if you miss your transfer. Missed transfers are non-refundable.
94. Travel Documents, including e-ticket itineraries, are available approximately four weeks prior to departure provided full payment, emergency contact details, travel insurance information and passport information have been received, and passengers have acknowledged the Globus family of brands Terms and Conditions, via their customer MyAccount. A service charge will be applied where multiple copies of documentation are requested. Alternatively, e-documentation may be issued.
Travelling with children
95. Due to heightened security, many countries have adopted practices to prevent international abductions of children. If a child will be travelling with adults other than the parents or with only one parent, it is recommended that a notarised letter be written by the parents or non-travelling parent granting authorisation to travel, including the dates of travel.
We suggest that you also contact the appropriate consulate and airlines because they may have additional requirements or recommendations.
Travellers Who Need Special Assistance on Tours and/or Cruises
96. You must report to The Company any disability requiring reservation is made. The Company will make reasonable attempts to accommodate the special needs of disabled travellers, but is not responsible in the event it is unable to do so nor responsible for any denial of services by air carriers, hotels, restaurants, or other independent suppliers.
The Company does not provide personal services (such as pushing a wheelchair, assisting with walking, etc.) and The Company does not provide individual assistance to a holiday
participant for walking, dining, getting on and off coaches, cruise ships, and other vehicles, or other personal needs. A qualified and physically able companion should accompany
travellers who need such assistance.
97. If we are not notified at time of reservation of any disability requiring special attention, The Company reserves the right to cancel your booking or terminate your holiday if your special
needs or disabilities are not suitable for the holiday, pose a threat to the health and safety of other participants or The Company staff, are incompatible with other travellers, or if
you are not travelling with a companion who provides all the assistance you require. The Company will not refund or cover any costs or expenses incurred for cancellation, booking, or
termination of the holiday. Cancellation penalties, as above, apply.
98. Not all sightseeing stops/sites accommodate wheelchairs, and some locations and sightseeing activities require extensive standing, sitting, or walking—sometimes on unpaved or cobblestone streets. The Company will not refund or cover any cost or expense incurred for any missed activities due to a participant’s inability to fully participate with the group. Most transportation services, including the touring motorcoaches and cruise ships, are not equipped with wheelchair ramps. Although some of our ships have elevators, many small ships do not. Passengers requiring ship elevators should inquire before making reservations.
99. Motorised scooters and motorised wheelchairs are not suitable for international travel and are not permitted on Cosmos tours. Arrangements cannot be made to carry or use these on tour or cruise, and if you bring one, you will be asked to make alternate arrangements for transporting the scooter to your end destination at your expense.
100. Dietary requests and preferences must be provided to Cosmos at the time of booking. Generally, special dietary or meal requests cannot be processed and are subject to availability at the hotel or venue. There is no guarantee of availability, and there may be an additional charge associated with such request, which is payable by you at time of service.
101. Acceptance on the holiday is subject to presentation of your Tour / Cruise Member Certificate, which details the services you have purchased from The Company and which will be
available in your final Travel Documents.
Visas & Passports
102. It is your responsibility to verify all visa, passport, and government-issued ID requirements necessary for your holiday. You are responsible for obtaining independently
and paying for all visas and entry documents, for meeting all health and other requirements, and for any documents required by the laws, regulations, orders, and/
or requirements of the countries you will visit. The Company cannot accept liability for any passenger refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure of the
passenger to carry correct documentation or adhere to specific entry and exit requirements.
103. You must have a passport to travel internationally. Most countries require that the passport be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the conclusion of your trip. It is
recommended you have a minimum of three blank pages in your passport when travelling. Multiple-entry visas are required for some holidays. The process of obtaining a visa
and/or passport can take up to three months or more.
104. During the course of your cruise, tour, or excursion, you may encounter the opportunity to participate in additional, optional activities that are provided by independent thirdparty suppliers. The suppliers of those optional services may render those services subject to separate and additional terms and conditions, or may require you to execute
additional documents, waivers, or releases. It is understood that any assumptions of liability, waivers, or releases that are part of the suppliers’ terms and conditions or that are required by those independent suppliers will also inure to the benefit of Circuit Travel Pty Ltd, Avalon Waterways, Globus, and Monograms.
105. Wi-Fi connectivity on transportation provided by The Company (for tours where Wi-Fi is available on the motorcoach) is provided by an independent third party with separate Terms & Conditions of usage and acceptance thereof. These can be found online or will be made available upon request. Wi-Fi connectivity is not guaranteed, and is often disrupted, unavailable, and slower internationally than you are accustomed.
106. Circuit Travel Pty Ltd, is an independent company ("the Company") licensed to market and distribute travel products under the Cosmos, Globus, Avalon Waterways and Monograms brand names, and arrange for the holiday services offered on this website, including transportation, sightseeing, and accommodations through independent contracts.
107. Subject to clauses 71 - 74 above, The Company is responsible for providing the services described in this brochure, including arranging transportation, sightseeing, and
accommodation as described. All references to The Company include its agents and employees.
108. Air carriers, accommodations, and other suppliers (including hotels, and restaurants) providing services are independent contractors and are not agents, employees, servants, or joint
venturers of the Company or its affiliates. From time-to-time, and for the purpose of identifying those independent thirdparty suppliers of services as the provider of a component
or part of a Cosmos tour, cruise or package, some or all of those entities may utilise the name “Cosmos” on promotional media, signage, or attire. Although you may see the name
“Cosmos” on vehicles, signs, apparel, or elsewhere during your cruise, tour, or excursion, its use by third-party suppliers is solely for the purpose of identification and does not
represent or signify in any way ownership, management, supervision, or control by the Company of services that are provided by independent third party suppliers or of the
employees, servants, or agents of the third-party suppliers. All certificates and other Travel Documents for services issued by the Company are subject to the Terms & Conditions
specified by the supplier, which are available upon request, and to the laws of the countries in which the services are supplied.
109. Your contract for the Services will be with the Supplier and will be subject to its Terms and Conditions, which may contain exclusions or limitations of liability. The Company has
no liability for any such activity or excursion or for any act(s) or omission(s) of the Supplier or for any of its employees or agents or any other person(s) connected with the Service.
Any advice or assistance on or with the Service provided by any local representative does not mean or imply that the Service is sold, supervised, or controlled by The Company or
that any such advice or assistance is given on behalf of The Company. Travellers are asked to check with the Supplier and the applicable Terms and Conditions before booking.
110. The international carriage of passengers is subject to international conventions and treaties. These international conventions and treaties limit and, in some events, exclude
the carrier’s liability to travellers. Where any claim or part of a claim (including those involving death or personal injury) concerns or involves any travel arrangements (including the
process of getting on or off the transport concerned) provided by any air, sea, inland waterways, rail, or road carrier or any stay in a hotel, The Company’s maximum liability is
the maximum which would be payable by the carrier or the hotel keeper concerned under the applicable international convention or treaty applicable to the travel arrangements
or hotel stay. International conventions and treaties that may apply include: the Montreal Convention (1999), the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to
International Carriage by Air, signed at Warsaw, 12 October 1929 (the Warsaw Convention), the Warsaw Convention as amended at The Hague on 28 September 1955 and
the Warsaw Convention as amended at The Hague and by Additional Protocol No. 1, 2 or 4 of Montreal (1975) and the EU Regulation on Air Carrier Liability for air carriers with an
operating license granted by an EU country, in relation to air travel; the Berne Convention for rail travel; Athens Convention 1974 for carriage by sea; the Geneva Convention for carriage
by road and the Paris Convention 1962 for hotels.
111. Booking and payment for a tour shall constitute agreement and acceptance by the passenger of these terms and conditions which cannot be varied except in writing by an
officer of the Company.
112. After departure, if the services included in the holiday cannot be supplied, or there are changes in an itinerary for reasons beyond the control of The Company, The Company will
arrange for the provision of comparable services wherever possible. Any resulting additional expense will be payable by travellers and any resulting savings will be refunded by The
Company to travellers.
113. The Company reserves the right to accept or reject any person as a traveller, to expel any traveller from the holiday, to make changes in the itinerary whenever The Company
deems it necessary for the comfort, convenience, or safety of travellers, and to cancel a holiday at any time in accordance with operational requirements or circumstances beyond its
114. Notwithstanding anything contained in these conditions, The Company shall continue to be subject to any guarantees provided by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and the
Australian Consumer Law (the Act) if and to the extent that the Act is applicable to these conditions and prevents the exclusion, restriction and modification of such guarantees.
115. The Company excludes all liability including liability for any loss, damage, costs and expenses whatsoever (including personal injury, death, and property loss) that may arise in
connection with or arising out of your holiday and liability under implied conditions, and warranties and guarantees except any guarantees, the exclusion of which would cause
this Clause to be void, such guarantees being referred to in these conditions as “non-excludable guarantees”.
116. The Company limits its liability to you for breach of any nonexcludable guarantees to the supplying of the service again or the payment of the cost of having the service supplied
again, as determined by The Company.
117. You agree that neither the Company nor its affiliates shall be liable for any damage, loss (including personal injury, death, and property loss) or expense occasioned by any act or
omission of any Supplier providing services, or of any insurer or insurance administrator, or of any other person.
118. Legal proceedings against The Company may be instituted only in a court within the State of New South Wales, and any claim involved in such proceedings shall be decided in
accordance with the laws of the State of New South Wales. Neither The Company nor any affiliate shall in any case be liable for other than compensatory damages, and you
hereby waive any right to punitive or aggravated damages. No person, other than an authorised representative of The Company by a document in writing, is authorised to vary,
add, or waive any term or condition in this brochure/website, including any term or condition set forth in the preceding provisions.
European Christmas Markets
119. Please note that markets generally operate from late November until the third week of December. This is dependent on location and may vary from year to year.
Welcome Back Credit (repeat travellers)
120. The Welcome Back Credit will be awarded upon completion of Globus family of brands holidays. Credit amount can only be applied to the land/cruise or cruise only portion of a new Globus family of brands holiday (excluding Escapes by Globus, 2020 Oberammergau, Monograms City Getaways, Cosmos Lite, and Custom/Charter holidays). Credit amount is per person and must be redeemed for a future holiday with a deposit within 2 years from date of credit issue. Bookings can be made by calling the Globus family of brands, or by contacting your preferred travel agent. Passenger name or past invoice number is required to redeem the credit. Combinable with all applicable consumer promotions except those with any Globus family of brands special discount programs of the holiday price. Credit is not redeemable for cash, non-refundable deposit, airfare, transfers, travel insurance, prepaid gratuities, pre/ post
nights, or optional excursions and is non-transferrable. Valid for all participating Globus family of brands offices. Additional restrictions may apply.
COSMOS is a trademark owned and/or applied for and/or registered by Cosmos European Travels AG, in the Australian Trademarks Registry and in other global jurisdictions. Circuit Travel Pty Ltd., is an authorised user of the trade and service mark COSMOS owned by Cosmos European Travels AG.
Our Australian address:
Circuit Travel Pty Ltd
Level 5, 309 Kent Street
SYDNEY NSW 2000
GPO Box 3436
SYDNEY NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 973 958
AGENT RESERVATIONS ONLY
Sydney Metro: (02) 8259 1110
Interstate: 1300 130 134
Facsimile: (02) 8259 1120
Agent Online reservations available at:
ABN 12 001 268 257